Misago Docker will see a small evolution in coming weeks:
mainbranch will be renamed to
- New branch will be created named
v1. This branch will be new default branch for Misago docker.
v1 will contain some backwards incompatible changes:
- Database service will be renamed from
- Database service will be upgraded to PostgreSQL 15.
- Default database credentials (user and password) will be hardcoded into
docker-compose.yml. To change it you should create
misago-databasevolume will be renamed to
- Celery worker service will be renamed from
There's no automatic migration path for Docker's PostgreSQL from one major version to the other, and PostgreSQL's
pg_upgrade requires both old and new versions of PostgreSQL to be installed. This leaves us with only classic way of upgrading PostgreSQL database: exporting data from old database with
pg_dump and importing the
sql file on new version with
My goal is to automate the process with