Misago 0.24 release adds much requested feature to the project: plugin system.
Currently Misago supports following extension points:
- Adding database tables
- Adding views to forum and admin panel
- Adding new URLs to the JSON API
- Adding custom validation rules to registration form
- Adding custom validation rules to posting form
- Adding social login providers
- Overriding HTML templates and CSS.
- Extending messages markdown parser
- Processing parsed messages
The plan is to add more extension points in future Misago versions, but this can potentially require implementation far-reaching changes in Misago, so I don't want to make any promises at this time.
To upgrade your Misago to 0.24, run
./appctl upgrade command.
- 1306: Added plugin loading mechanic.
- 1309: Added hooks for plugins to add custom urls, api and context processors.
- 1311: Added hooks for posts/registration validation and search filters.
- 1312: Added hooks to messages parser.