Misago 0.13 has been released, bringing relatively hard to notice but welcome in the long run changes to ways that posts reads are tracked and handled by Misago's features. Beginning with Misago 0.13, forum's read tracker is post-accurate. This means that user mis-clicking "last" link will no longer erroneously flag all posts in thread as read. Instead, only last post will be marked as such, and all other posts will stay as unread, letting your users to keep better track of what they've read and what they've missed. This also provides more fair treatment for moderated messages, which will now show as unread to other users as they are approved by moderators.
Lastly post-level accuracy opens Misago for future improvements like marking posts as unread upon their edition or such.
WARNING: Misago 0.13 includes non-reversible data migrations for read tracking feature. Those may take a while to run on your forum. Make sure you'll backup your database before updating!
To update Misago from 0.12 to 0.13 use PIP to uninstall old Misago and install new one:
pip uninstall misago pip install misago
collectstatic commands to make sure your forum's database and static files are up to date:
python manage.py migrate python manage.py collectstatic
- 909 - Events are now marked as read by default to users that caused them.
- 910 - Misago will now preserve read data for posts belonging to threads that are moved around or merged with each other.
- 912 - Thread subscriptions are now keps when threads are merged.
- 675 - Option to mark all threads as read has been removed.
- 929 - Fixed showstopper on message preview API.
Implementation and API changes
- 675 - Made read tracking mechanism post-accurate instead of thread-accurate. This enables Misago to present more accurate read information concerning threads containing previously hidden posts or posts moved from other threads or categories.
- 922 - Added app config for
misago.searchapplication, which should solve name conflicts with 3rd party apps.
- Synchronized translation files with Transifex state for 20.10.2017